"Happiness is the highest form of health" - The Dalai Lama
Most of us understand that health and happiness are the true secrets to a life well lived, and most of us know that the two tie in together. When you are happy, you automatically take better care of your body. Of course, you can be unhealthy and happy, but health certainly helps. While happiness means something different to everyone, learning how to take care of yourself, mentally and physically, will definitely help to get you there. In fact, a study by Ruut Veenhoven of the Erasmus University showed that happiness (and sadness) have direct physical impacts on our health.
This selection of five eBooks is designed to give you the tools to pursue a healthy and happy lifestyle, no matter your age, weight, or current health.
These health and happiness eBooks won't change your life, they won't stop aging, and they aren't a miracle. What they are is guides to great nutrition, mental health, and overall wellbeing that you can use to change your life, improve your health and happiness, and to change your mindset. It is up to you to take what you learn from these books and to apply it to your own life. Importantly, massive lifestyle changes are difficult, and you should never attempt to drop old habits, diets, or mental thoughts overnight, because you will fail. Instead, approach new habits on a day by day basis, setting short term goals that you can achieve in one or two days, and keep the big picture in mind for motivation.
Top Five eBooks on Health and Happiness
These eBooks on healthy and happy lifestyles are all available for free on our library. If you want more free health eBooks, you can check our website for another selection of titles.
1. Clean Food Diet by Jonathan Vine - This book is ideal if you're interested in learning more about diets and weight loss, but can also help you if you just want to improve your nutrition and eat better foods. The book walks you through the basics of clean eating, including what to eat, what not to eat, and what clean eating is. It then gets you started with 50 great recipes for clean eating and cooking. The book is short, easy to get started with, and offers enough information to kickstart making healthier food choices.
2. Happiness, a Guide to Developing Life's Most Important Skill by Matthieu Ricard - Many books teach you how to be healthy and happy by focusing a lot on the mind but not much on the body or science. Matthieu Ricard's 'Happiness, a Guide to Developing Life's Most Important Skill' does not fall into this mold. With in-depth information on how the brain works, how to change it, and how to train yourself into being the person you want to be, the book delivers for physical and mental health. The author, a former molecular biologist turned Buddhist monk, is also uniquely qualified to write on the subject, and this bestseller is a must for anyone looking for a healthy and happy lifestyle.
Are YOU dealing with a smoking addiction that is consuming your life? You are not alone so don’t give up hope until…
3. A Joy Filled Life by Mo Anderson - In 'A Joy Filled Life', Mo Anderson discusses her life growing up as a tenant farmer's daughter only to eventually found one of the most successful real estate sales ventures in the country. Her book imparts wisdom and life lessons, and teaches lessons based around finding happiness in difficult times, working for success, and being happy with what you have while building your own success.
4. The Moments That Make Us by Pete Evick - Pete Evick's 'The Moment's That Make Us' is a simple collection of short stories about digging deeper into yourself, finding joy and fulfilment in your life, and how moments in our lives impact us and affect who we are. Pete Evick is a former guitarist for the band Poison, and uses his unique view of life to help others to stop looking outwards for happiness, and to start looking in.
5. Start Here: Master the Lifelong Habit of Wellbeing by Eric Langshur and Nate Klemp - Start Here is a book based around the 9 step scientific principles of LIFE XT, a wellbeing training program. The book is designed to get readers to stress less, enjoy more, and to be happier. This healthy and happy lifestyle book offers very specific advice, habits, lessons, and activities to help readers break out of patterns of stress to become more mindful, more conscientious, and more compassionate.
Switch On Your Brain: The Key to Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health by Dr. Caroline Leaf - Dr. Caroline Leaf's Switch On Your Brain helps you to correlate mental problems with physical problems, to work to improve the way you think and how you deal with stress, and how to improve your overall Well-Being. The approach, which heavily combines science with religion, is not for everyone, but can be immensely valuable for those seeking scientific principles detailed in a Christian light. The book includes a 21-day brain detox and a DIY section full of exercises to help readers get started with changing their mindset.
Opening a college book on mathematical principles won't make you an expert in calculus 3, and buying a health and happiness eBook won't make you an expert on health and happiness. If you want to be truly healthy and happy, you have to take the lessons from the books you read and apply them to your life. While this can often be difficult, and you must expect it to take time, hard work and working on yourself can be rewarding and fulfilling, and will move you into a happy and healthy lifestyle.
If you're looking for books that do not require an investment to get started, consider downloading our selection free health eBooks in health and happiness.